Beading from Nature is both an introduction to basic beading techniques and a collection of stunning jewelry designs.
Introductory chapters on materials, design, tools and techniques are followed by nearly 50 gorgeous rings, earrings, necklaces and bracelets. In addition, you'll find:
• fascinating information about the lore of stones and their significance in different cultures
• and introduction to metals and other natural materials, such as shells, bone and driftwood and tips for incorporating them into your designs
• an introduction to the principles of design: color, harmony, balance and emphasis
• illustrated, step-by-step instructions for basic beading techniques
• 49 beautiful projects—rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces—with detailed instructions and full-color photographs
• a glossary of beading terms and a list of resources
All you need to design and create your own unique jewelry is in this book.
By Crystal McDougald
Hardcover • ISBN-13: 978-1-933027-21-0
8.5 x 11 inches • 164 pages